Adjuncts are actively involved in the academic programs offered by the ELA International Campus at Clever Academy. This position will be paid per teaching hour, to teach English as a foreign language (EFL) classes plus a series of related duties. Contracts will be assigned on a semester/teaching level basis, as needed, based on enrollment. We are looking for adjuncts in both Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City to serve our various campuses in these cities.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Plan and teach a maximum of 24 hours per week in the ELA partnership program with Clever Academy
- Maintain a maximum of 8 office and tutorial hours to advise and assist students, to participate in committee activities, and other assigned duties that support the program
- Develop curriculum and materials associated with courses taught
- Review student work, provide feedback, and return assignments in a timely manner
- Participate in placement testing and other grading and assessment duties
- Participate in orientation sessions, pre- and post-term assignments, and extra-curricular activities offered to students
- Participate in staff development and in-service training meetings
- Attend all faculty meetings
- Submit syllabi for courses taught and final grades; maintain attendance and class records
- Participate in institutional effectiveness efforts within the department
- Strong academic preparation: master’s in TESL or related field
- Knowledge of methods and techniques to enhance the acquisition of grammar, reading, writing, listening, and speaking for students learning English as a foreign language (EFL)
- Knowledge of communicative language teaching practices
- Knowledge of methods and techniques to prepare students learning English as a foreign language (EFL) to be academically, socially, and linguistically successful in mainstream university courses
- Experience adapting classroom content to better meet students’ needs
- Knowledge of and experience in developing , administering, and grading assessments
- Strong classroom management skills, organizational and planning skills, ability to give clear, concise directions and explanations
- Ability to effectively use technology in the classroom to enhance instruction
- A minimum of two years ESL/EFL teaching experience, preferably in a college-level intensive course
- High level of English proficiency
- Proficiency in a second language preferred
Contracts will be assigned on a semester basis, as needed, based on enrollment.
Application deadline: July 15, 2016
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
HR Department, Clever Academy
Arkansas State University (A-State) in partnership with Clever Academy, are recruiting applicants for the position of EFL Adjunct in the English Learning Academy, International Campus at Clever Academy. It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action. A-State is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply, regardless of minority, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
A-State has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students. A-State is also committed to creating a productive workplace in which both persons and property are secure. To achieve that goal, background investigations are conducted on all final applicants recommended for employment.